Obasanjo Likens This Era To That Of Abacha

Forum 9 years ago

Obasanjo Likens This Era To That Of Abacha

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said he doesn’t know what direction the nation is heading.
Speaking yesterday, August 24, when a delegation of the Nigerian Market/Traders’ Council, led by its National President, Yeye Osho, paid him a courtesy visit his home in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, Obasanjo likened the state of the nation to the military era of late Gen. Sani Abacha, during which the middle class was wiped out.
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
He said: “As for me, we don’t know where we are going yet, may God show us the way. The way that will take this country and make it a great country, and when, for me ooo, I understand and (if) I see the way, I will tell you. I pray that God will show me the way. May God show you the way.
“Tough times do not last forever. When tough times come, tough people get going. We will keep going and we will survive this though time.”
In a bid to prove that the middle class was once again disappearing, Obasanjo read to the delegation, a message from his phone which was recently sent to him by a Nigerian requesting for financial assistance.
He cited other cases of a Colonel in the Army who complained to him that he and his family could not afford to buy a car and a friend of his, who is a doctor and his wife and daughter are also doctors but the three of them couldn’t afford to buy a new a car.
The former President expressed surprise that such people could not afford even basic necessities befitting their status.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Watch The Moment Ex-President Obasanjo Jumped Down From The Stage After Giving A Speech In Lagos
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Watch The Moment Ex-President Obasanjo Jumped Down From The Stage After Giving A Speech In Lagos

Obasanjo Commends Alex Otti For Law Revoking Former Abia Govs, Deputies’ Pensions
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Obasanjo Commends Alex Otti For Law Revoking Former Abia Govs, Deputies’ Pensions

I Play Squash Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday — Obasanjo Reveals How He Keeps Fit
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Play Squash Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday — Obasanjo Reveals How He Keeps Fit

Only Very Few Nigerians Can Rival The Achievements Of Obasanjo - Atiku
Forum | 1 month ago

Only Very Few Nigerians Can Rival The Achievements Of Obasanjo - Atiku