Gareth Bale Speaks Spanish, He Is Just Shy – Modric

Forum 3 years ago

Gareth Bale Speaks Spanish, He Is Just Shy – Modric

Luka Modric has defended his former team-mate Gareth Bale, saying the Welshman never had problems in the Real Madrid dressing room, and urged fans to remember all he accomplished at the Santiago Bernabeu.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3762922eb163ddc4b661bd668692d02f.jpg

After seven seasons with Real Madrid, Bale returned to former club Tottenham last month on a season-long loan that his agent has said could be extended longer.

Bale achieved plenty of success during his team in Madrid, winning four Champions League titles, two La Liga crowns and one Copa del Rey.

The 31-year-old’s time at Madrid turned sour toward the end of his stint, however, as he was frozen out of the side by Zinedine Zidane amid rumours he didn’t mesh well with his team-mates and spent too much time on the golf course.

Modric has defended Bale, a player with whom he also played at Tottenham, saying he fit in well with his team-mates and that he spoke Spanish well.

“I have been with Gareth most of my professional life and he is a spectacular guy,” Modric said to COPE. “He is shy, similar to me.

“What is said about him is not fair, they judge him in recent years but what he has done at Madrid is something impressive and he will always be remembered as a player who has done a lot for the club.

“He has never had any problems in the dressing room, he is a great guy. He spoke Spanish, he joked with us.

“In recent years many things have come out and they have forgotten what he has done. When time passes they will remember him and how important he has been.

“Every person has their own behaviour. He was like that, he didn’t associate much, but in the dressing room he was very good. It makes me sad that everything he has done has been forgotten in the last year.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 3 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals
Forum | 6 days ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial
Forum | 6 days ago

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 6 days ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr