Newcastle Vs Man Utd: Solskjaer Told To Drop Maguire For EPL Clash

Forum 3 years ago

Newcastle Vs Man Utd: Solskjaer Told To Drop Maguire For EPL Clash

Former Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand, has advised Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Harry Maguire for this weekend’s trip to Newcastle.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3b8f8d959c4ba22578268e650a317105.jpg

The 27-year-old has endured a miserable start to the campaign and was sent off on England duty in midweek, as the Three Lions lost 1-0 to Denmark in the UEFA Nations League.

With Solskjaer himself under pressure and needing a result at St James’ Park, Ferdinand has suggested it would be better if Maguire is taken out of the heat.

“Ole has a big job on his hands and I think quite an important role to play in this.

“I got brought off in one game, I think it was Middlesbrough away, the manager [Sir Alex Ferguson] spoke to me and said “get yourself back to basics, train well and you’ll come back in”.

“That’s what happened and I was fine. It’s just sometimes that bit of pressure being taken out that can actually help you,”

Ferdinand said on BT Sport.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 10 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party