Luka Modric Spoke About His Old Club

Forum 3 years ago

Luka Modric Spoke About His Old Club

Midfielder Luka Modric gave an extensive interview to ‘FourFourTwo’ in which he talked about his future with Real Madrid, the Ballon d’Or and Zinedine Zidane.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0fb6ae8a00131e995882b021d61567db.jpgModric’s contract ends in 2021 and Real Madrid has yet to begin what will be a flurry of renewals. The Croatian gave an extensive interview in ‘FourFourTwo’ in which he discussed important issues.

“If you make me choose a coach, I’ll stick with Zidane. My relationship with him is more special than with anyone else and we have won a lot together. Zidane likes to call you to his office to tell you what you should do more, how you should play, what you do well and what you don’t…” he said as he went through all his coaches.

As for the Ballon d’Or, the Croatian admitted that he still has a relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo: “Cristiano Ronaldo congratulated me when I won the Ballon d’Or. We keep in touch because playing with him was incredible and special. He was so demanding… during the games he wanted everyone to give their best and he motivated us”.

Modric has no doubt. If he could give his Ballon d’Or for winning a World Cup with Croatia, he would do it without thinking.

“I would exchange the Ballon d’Or for a World Cup with Croatia. The individual awards are spectacular, but for me the collective goals are more important. There is no more important trophy than that,” he said.

What matters most is his renewal and that time has not yet arrived, but Modric will make it easy and, in the face of possible rumours, he made it clear that returning to Tottenham is not an option.

“I’m too old to go back to Tottenham. I still have a year left in Madrid and then we’ll see what happens. I feel good and I want to continue playing football for a few more years. I am focused on Madrid and the things we can achieve this season.

Afterwards, I will sit down to talk to the management and we will look for a suitable solution for everyone. I have forged a good relationship with all the people of the club and no matter what happens there will be no problem”, he finished.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star
Forum | 4 days ago

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star

SPORT 2 hours ago Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker
Forum | 5 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce
Forum | 1 week ago

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce

Abigail Directors on How The Breakfast Club Inspired Their Vampire Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Abigail Directors on How The Breakfast Club Inspired Their Vampire Movie