Liverpool keeper Alisson wants talks to resolve Brazil row

Forum 2 years ago

Liverpool keeper Alisson wants talks to resolve Brazil row

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker hopes that FIFA, the Premier League, and the Brazilian FA can find a resolution to the current international conflict.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/17614f1fcd0323f16ab1af7e4884a605.jpeg

Premier League clubs did not release players to play for Brazil over the most recent international break, citing the mandatory 10-day quarantine they would have to undertake on their return to the UK.

Alisson will be hoping that he can join his Brazilian teammates when the next round of international matches arrive in October.

He told reporters during a pre-match press conference for Liverpool's Champions League tie against AC Milan: "In the way things are going in the world in the last two years I think we are prepared for all the situations. I think we learned a lot from these difficult times we are living.

"This week wasn't different. I wasn't sure if I would play or not but I just had to be sure I would be ready for the game. My preparation was the same as the other game, as the other matches.

"I'm really happy that all the sides worked together - the national teams, the clubs, the Premier League and FIFA worked together to bring a solution for the situation.

"Also I really trust in the club, the Premier League, FIFA and the national teams and the government to find a solution for the next international break. That is something that we need to start to speak about now."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police
Forum | 2 days ago

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold

Keeper of the Lost Cities Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.
Forum | 6 days ago

Keeper of the Lost Cities Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.

Fallout Season 2: Fallout 3 Radio DJ Wants to Appear in Show
Forum | 1 week ago

Fallout Season 2: Fallout 3 Radio DJ Wants to Appear in Show