Top Gun 3 Update Given by Jerry Bruckheimer: ‘We Have a Story’

Forum 1 month ago

Top Gun 3 Update Given by Jerry Bruckheimer: ‘We Have a Story’

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has given an update regarding Top Gun 3.

Speaking with ScreenRant, Bruckheimer said that, while he’s currently unsure when the movie will begin production, Top Gun 3 is currently being developed and has a story that Tom Cruise “really likes.”

“It will be Tom Cruise,” Bruckheimer said. “Tom is amazing. We spent time with him. We have a story. Joe Kosinski had a wonderful story idea for it, and he [Cruise] said I really like that, so we’re developing it. But you never know when it’s going to get made because Tom is so busy. He’s doing Mission: Impossible right now, he’s got a picture after it. Hopefully, we’ll get a screenplay that he loves, and we’ll be back in the air again.”

What do we know about Top Gun 3?

In January 2024, Puck reported that Paramount was moving forward with Top Gun 3 following the critical and financial success of Top Gun: Maverick.

Ehren Kruger is writing the script. Kosinski, who directed Top Gun: Maverick, may return to direct the third movie in the franchise, though this has not been confirmed at this time.

According to Puck, Miles Teller and Glen Powell will also return for the sequel.

Powell told Variety in January 2024 about Top Gun 3, “People looked at me like I knew what was going on. There is going to be some fun stuff being announced soon…but it was confidential to me. I talk to [Joseph] Kosinski, Cruise, and Jerry [Bruckheimer] all the time. There is stuff happening and it sounds very exciting. I don’t know when I’ll be going back…I’m sure there is a jet waiting for me sometime in the future.”

Plot details for Top Gun 3 remain under wraps at this time. The movie does not yet have a release date from Paramount.

Top Gun and Top Gun: Maverick are both currently streaming on Paramount+, while Top Gun: Maverick is also available to watch on Amazon Prime Video.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 2 days ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone

Shogun Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner
Forum | 2 days ago

Shogun Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner