Civil War’s New ‘AI’ Movie Posters Spark Controversy

Forum 1 week ago

Civil War’s New ‘AI’ Movie Posters Spark Controversy

A24’s newly released Civil War movie posters have led to a major uproar from the fans, with people calling them an example of false marketing.

Despite the film finding major success at the box office in its opening weekend, it has succumbed to negative controversy before the second week of its theatrical run.

Civil War’s movie posters accused of being AI-generated

A24 posted six new Civil War posters on its Instagram handle to continue marketing the film. The posters depict a post-war scenario showcasing destruction all over the iconic locations in the US. But the problem with all these war-torn posters is that none of the scenes showcased in them are in the film — and eagle-eyed viewers pointed out discrepancies with the images that have led them to speculate the posters are AI-generated.

Civil War is A24’s most expensive movie to date, with a reported production budget of $50 million. The posters, however, make the film look even more expensive, highlighting events that didn’t appear in the final cut, causing some to criticize A24 for misleading viewers.

https://www.memesng.com/r/storage.waploaded.com/images/c133f06b7e6a78b3aed282b8e42005f4.jpg

Furthermore, AI-generated work has always been frowned upon across Hollywood — Secret Invasion caused a stir with its AI intro. Now, A24’s recent Civil War movie posters raise a similar argument amongst fans, with people expressing their disappointment over them.

One fan wrote in the comments on A24’s post:

“Using AI for advertising might be a sign. Maybe it’s the beginning of the end for a company that used to rely on indie aesthetics. It’s incredibly disappointing.”

https://www.memesng.com/r/storage.waploaded.com/images/1d57fe7cceb860e71d8d8ff0366d8dd1.jpg

Another fan calls out the confusing marketing campaign led by the Civil War movie posters:

“None of this happens in the movie. I don’t understand this campaign. You are selling a movie that doesn’t exist, and it’s very bizarre. I love A24 with all my heart, but I am so bloody confused about what happened with this film.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Documentary About Real-Life The Zone of Interest Family
Forum | 3 days ago

Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Documentary About Real-Life The Zone of Interest Family

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 5 days ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 5 days ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 5 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins