"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Parish Season 2 Chances Discussed by Giancarlo Esposito

Forum 1 week ago

Parish Season 2 Chances Discussed by Giancarlo Esposito

The chances of Parish Season 2 have been discussed by lead star and executive producer Giancarlo Esposito, who tells Collider that he would “love a second season.”

In the recent interview, Esposito praised Parish’s writing team and how his latest role is different for him: “I love my writers so much and it’s such a beautiful thing to do the investigation, no matter what happens. As an actor and someone who’s put the amount of energy, truth and organic sense of life into this piece, of course, I would love a second season. We talk about that because when you speak about it and work on it, it comes. It’s like inviting it. I know the piece is different than anything we’ve seen before, and you certainly haven’t seen me in this light before.”

Esposito also talked about what it would take for the AMC series to get renewed: “I’m hoping that people will watch and see it, and that AMC will give us the vote of confidence to go for a second season. So, yes, we talk about different scenarios and discuss it, so that we stay excited and stay warm surrounding it. Then, when the call comes, we’ll be ready to share our ideas with a great partner. AMC has been a terrific partner.”

The Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul alum concluded by highlighting what makes Parish a standout show for the cable network: “Every part of this organization believes in character-driven drama. Have they ever had a drama like this, that has all this edge and is a crime story that has violence in it? I don’t know if they’ve had anything like it. But they certainly have an appetite for this particular show and they’ve been so behind it that we wanna be ready to collaborate with them and get their ideas as well when that time comes.”

What is Parish about?

The six-episode series follows Esposito’s character, Gray Parish, a good man with a troubled past. Gray leaves behind his life of crime to become a family man. But that changes when his son is violently murdered, causing old habits to return and sending him on a mission with dangerous consequences.

The cast of Parish also includes Zachary Momoh (The Nevers), Paula Malcomson (Ray Donovan, Deadwood), Skeet Ulrich (Scream, Riverdale), Bradley Whitford (The Handmaids Tale), Bonnie Mbuil (Noughts + Crosses), Ivan Mbakop (Red Notice), Arica Himmel (Mixed-ish), Dax Rey (The Good Fight), and Amanda Brugel (The Handmaid’s Tale).

Parish is executive produced and created by Danny Brocklehurst. It’s based on the U.K. show The Driver, with Esposito, Jim Poyser, Jolyon Symonds, David Morrissey, Josh Kesselman, Danny Sherman, Barry Jossen, Tana Jamieson, Theo Travers, and Nicola Shindler. It’s produced by AMC Studios in association with A+E Studios and Thruline Entertainment.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shogun Season 2 and 3 in the Works at FX
Forum | 2 days ago

Shogun Season 2 and 3 in the Works at FX

3 Body Problem Season 2 Confirmed With New Video
Forum | 2 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Confirmed With New Video

The Last of Us Season 2 Photos Tease Next Chapter of HBO Drama
Forum | 3 days ago

The Last of Us Season 2 Photos Tease Next Chapter of HBO Drama